Saturday, 12 April 2008

Beijing Olympics

Well, it's been in all the newspapers and on the TV. Even the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, has spoken about it, but what do you think about the call to boycott the Beijing Olympics because of China's treatment of the people of Tibet? The German Olympics held in Berlin in 1936 during WWII were not boycotted - although America, Britian and France considered not sending teams, but in the end they did. Should we keep politics out of sport and let the Olympics go ahead?Personally, I don't really care about where the Olympics are held, as I don't watch them and don't really have an interest in this sporting event. I do care, however, about the rights of all humans on this planet of ours and that we should be pushing for equal rights everywhere at all times, not just when there's a 'special event' like the Olympics happening. Even though I don't have an interest in the olympics, I do believe that politics should be kept out of any sporting event. What do you think? Please feel free to leave a comment on this issue....I look forward to reading them.

No comments:

Blog Archive