Well, I didn't get up early and go to the dawn service and I didn't watch any of the televised services commemorating ANZAC day, but I still think it's important to remember those who fought and lost their lives defending our country. Instead, I baked some Anzac Biscuits and our daughter came and had a barbeque with us (she lives about 75kms away). It was a very enjoyable day and it was nice to catch up with her as we don't get many opportunities to do so as I work Mon - Fri and she works weekends. All in all today has been great!!!
The picture shown is something I found on the web a couple of years ago. It has the lyrics to Eric Bogles "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" on it, but unfortunately the image is too small to read everything on it.
Well, that's about all I have to say for the moment. Hope you all had a good day, whether you had the public holiday off or had to work.
Please feel free to leave a comment or just say g'day.
See ya!
Friday, 25 April 2008
Anzac Day 2008
Well, I didn't get up early and go to the dawn service and I didn't watch any of the televised services commemorating ANZAC day, but I still think it's important to remember those who fought and lost their lives defending our country. Instead, I baked some Anzac Biscuits and our daughter came and had a barbeque with us (she lives about 75kms away). It was a very enjoyable day and it was nice to catch up with her as we don't get many opportunities to do so as I work Mon - Fri and she works weekends. All in all today has been great!!!
The picture shown is something I found on the web a couple of years ago. It has the lyrics to Eric Bogles "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda" on it, but unfortunately the image is too small to read everything on it.
Well, that's about all I have to say for the moment. Hope you all had a good day, whether you had the public holiday off or had to work.
Please feel free to leave a comment or just say g'day.
See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment